- The Reds are interested in Houston's Michael Bourn and Hunter Pence according to Ken Rosenthal of Fox Sports.
- Jon Morosi, also of Fox Sports, suggests that Bourn would fit well in Cincy -- giving them the coveted leadoff man they've been searching for.
- Ramon Hernandez continues to draw interest from the Giants reports Morosi, although Cincinnati hasn't made the free-agent-to-be available just yet.
- If the club does decide to deal Hernandez, they'll be looking for pitching in return writes Henry Schulman of the San Francisco Chronicle.
- The Reds' current losing skid has the front office strongly considering a "sell-a-thon" says ESPN's Jayson Stark.
- However, GM Walt Jocketty told local media Friday afternoon, namely MLB.com's Mark Sheldon, that the team won't be selling at the deadline.
- Travis Wood was scratched late before his scheduled start on Friday leading ESPN's Jim Bowden to believe the move may be trade related. UPDATE: Sheldon later tweets that Wood's start being bumped to Saturday, Matt Maloney to take his place tonight.