Here are some quotes after Philadelphia's 9-0 blowout win over Cincinnati on Tuesday:
- On the strength of the Phillies pitching staff -"Their pitching staff is where it's at," Bronson Arroyo said after the Reds lost for the 12th time in 13 games to Philadelphia. "When you've got three guys that could probably win the Cy Young and be as consistent as they've been all year, it's very hard to beat those guys on a consistent basis."
- Roy Halladay on his start Tuesday night - "I felt fresh. I felt like my location early on wasn't great. I got into a rhythm as the game went on."
- Halladay on his base-clearing double in the sixth - “I was cheating bad and I still hit it down the first-base line. Maybe it did help a little bit, otherwise I would have hit it in the stands. It didn’t help a lot.”
- Dusty Baker on Halladay's 3-run double - "We make an error and the first pitch is out over the plate," Baker said. "That was a mistake there that ended up costing us four runs, especially from the pitcher in Halladay that's hitting .100. In that situation, we just have to make a better pitch than that. After that, the gates opened."
- Arroyo on his 2011 pitching performance - “I probably had been more frustrated in the past. Going 9-15 with 22 quality starts in ’07 wasn’t real fun. It’s more frustrating when you continue to pitch well like Cueto and Leake have and don’t win ballgames. I haven’t really matched the quality starts I’ve had over the past five seasons so it’s a little easier to swallow. Regardless, you’d like to go out and perform better than you have.”