10) The Fan (1996)
- The casting was good (Robert De Niro & Wesley Snipes), but the plot was downright creepy.
9) The Slugger's Wife (1985)
- Boy meets girl. Boy's baseball career takes off. They break up. Boy's career tanks. They reconcile, yeah you get the gist.
8) The Babe Ruth Story (1948)
- Just be glad this isn't the only biography we have on the Sultan of Swat.
7) Summer Catch (2001)
- Not even Jessica Biel or Freddie Prinze Jr. could save this corny, romantic comedy.
6) Mr. 3000 (2004)
- Envision every stereotype you've ever known about a pro athlete. You have just watched Mr. 3000.
5) Major League: Back to the Minors (1998)
- The producers of this flick had apparently never heard of the notion "quitting while you're ahead".
4) Ed (1996)
- A baseball-playing chimp and the guy named Joey from Friends is all you need to know about this one.
3) The Babe (1992)
- Even the actor who portrayed the Babe (John Goodman) said he was disappointed with his performance.
2) The Bad News Bears Go to Japan (1978)
- *Sigh*. Another movie series that fell victim to greed.
1) Benchwarmers (2006)
- My brother bought me this DVD for Christmas one year. Not only was sitting through it the most punishing 98 minutes of my entire life, but I actually think the integrity of baseball took a hit after this film was released in April, 2006. Thanks bro.
So there you have it, my collection of the most unwatchable baseball films ever produced. But I'd feel remiss not to include a few more (dis)honorable mentions to the list: The Scout (1994), Fever Pitch (2005), For Love of the Game (1999), BASEketball (1998) and Rookie of the Year (1993) among many, many others.
So what do you think? Are there any other baseball movies out there that were butchered more so than these? If so, leave a reply in the comment section below.