Saturday, October 15, 2011
Saturday Evening Roundup: Heisey, Votto, Price & More
Hey guys, I hope the weekend is going well for everyone. Here are some Reds links I stumbled upon while surfing the web earlier today:
* The Reds denied the Oakland A's permission to talk with current pitching coach Bryan Price, according to Buster Olney via Twitter. Price's contract runs through the end of next season.
* A humorous piece written by Rob Daniels of ESPN entitled "All-Appetizer Team" included one former Red in Wingo Anderson. Anderson appeared in only 7 games in the majors -- all with the Reds and all coming during the 1910 season. You can view the rest of the dubious list here.
* Chris Heisey was bestowed the Young Alumnus Acheivement Award by his alma mater on Friday. Heisey attended Messiah College (PA) from 2004-06 before being drafted by Cincinnati in the 17th round of the 2006 MLB Draft. You can read the full story here.
* Harold Friend of bleacherreport.com breaks down the events surrounding the Tom Seaver trade of June, 1977 in this article.
* This bleacherreport.com article highlights the Reds' top 10 prospects, as well as an outlook on their future. Not surprisingly, Devin Mesoraco comes in at #1 on the list.
* One Seattle Mariners blogger doesn't think a trade involving Joey Votto would help the M's in the long-run. See his reasoning here.