* “I tell my guys all the time don’t be that give-me-another-chance guy because you might not get another chance.” -Dusty Baker
* “I feel like the Cardinals are the best team in the division because they won it all last year. They’re playing good baseball like they always do. I feel they’re the team to beat. I feel we’re going to give many teams a run for their money....Any time you play the Cardinals, you always have a chip on your shoulder. You always want to beat those guys and you always want to beat the best.” -Brandon Phillips
* Speaking of Phillips, the Reds' second basemen exited the game early on Monday due to cramping. The move was said to be done as a precautionary measure. “I don’t think it’s too serious, but he probably won’t play tomorrow because you’ve got to get him well. We just have to take caution and hope it won’t be too long.” said Baker.
* Jay Bruce's game-tying homer in the ninth on Sunday was no. 3 on the season. With that, he became the first player in franchise history to hit three dingers in the team's first three games. And for a franchise as old as the Reds, that's saying something.
* Good news for fans eager to catch the Cards-Reds series finale on Wednesday. The game, which is slated to begin at 12:30 p.m. ET, will be available live on MLB Network in the Cincinnati television territory. MLB Network will televise Fox Sports Midwest’s feed of the game.
* As an on-going promotion this series, the team is giving away 2012 schedule magnets and car magnets presented by PNC Bank. They're free to the first 7,000 fans on both Tuesday and Wednesday.
* The latest Kroger Meal Deal special at GABP: A nice-sized hot dog, an ice-cold 16 oz. Coke product, a bag of chips and a Sargento Natural String Cheese Snack.
* Paul Janish, who is currently at Triple-A Louisville, was named the International League’s player of the week. Janish hit .429 (6-for-14) and led the league with two home runs (both on Opening Day), 14 total bases, and a 1.000 slugging percentage. The usually, light-hitting shortstop hit just one home run all of last season.
* The Reds ranked 13th in ESPN.com's latest batch of MLB power rankings. They moved up two spots from last week.
* "When you're winning series, you're winning consistently. That's the name of the game." -Scott Rolen on taking 2 out of 3 from the Marlins over the weekend