ESPN released the latest edition of their weekly MLB Power Rankings on Monday and the Redlegs came in solid at no. 12. That's an improvement of five spots from last week's ranking (17th) -- only the Angels and Orioles made bigger jumps during that span (+6).
The team's rise in the poll was undoubtedly aided on the strength of a 3-2 record, which included a series split at home against the Cubs and a series victory on the road in Pittsburgh. They'll look to continue to climb the ladder as they battle the Brew Crew and Nats over the next several days.
Here's how the rest of the National League Central stacked up from last week:
- St. Louis dropped three spots to 5th
- Milwaukee stayed steady at no. 20
- Houston shot up three spots to 23rd
- Pittsburgh held their ground at no. 25
- Chicago inched up one spot to 27th
- Boston tumbled a whopping 14 spots from 10th to 24th this week. Things aren't looking too good in Beantown.
You can view the rankings in their entirety here.