The last at bat of the game, John Buck hit a long fly ball to centerfield that certainly looked like it was going out of the park, but it didn't have enough juice, allowing Drew Stubbs to make the catch and secure the Reds' 88th win of the season.
- The offense showed up today, managing to get 17 hits, but only 5 runs. Every Reds position player managed to get a hit.
- Mat Latos managed to pitch a decent game, giving up 4 runs in 7.2 innings. It doesn't look like ideal start on paper, but his numbers were worse than he really looked. He struck out 8, walked 3 and avoided giving up a single homer, sparing us from the Marlins ferris wheel monstrosity in centerfield.
- Ryan Ludwick had an awesome day, getting three hits, driving in 2 RBI's, including the deciding run in the top of the 11th. He's now hitting .277
- Todd Frazier (2 hits), Dinoer Navarro (3 hits) and Didi Gregorious (3 hits) were the other Reds to get multiple hits today.
- This bullpen continues to be one of the best in all of baseball. Sam LeCure, Sean Marshall, Logran Ondrusek and Jonathan Broxton only gave up 1 hit, 2 walks and 6 strikeouts in a combined 3.1 innings of work.
- Despite every position player reaching base with a hit, coming away with the win and having 4 Reds with 2 or more hits, the Reds were failing to drive guys in. The Reds manage to combine for a whopping 31 left on base.
- Jay Bruce did manage to get a hit, but was the only Red to strike out twice.
- The Reds are now 7-6 in extra inning games for the season.
- Despite a 76 degree day, some rain caused the Marlins to close the roof for the game.
- 24,983 showed up to watch the Marlins fail to sweep.
- After the game, the Reds went back to the clubhouse with a 11.5 lead in the NL Central and two games behind the Nationals for the #1 seed in the National League. Pittsburgh and Milwaukee are both 13.0 games back and tied for third.
- The Magic Number is now 5!
- The Reds have an off day on Monday before heading to Wrigley to kick off a three game series against the Cubs. The Reds then return home to kick off a three game series against Dodgers on Friday.
- Tuesday, Mike Leake (8-9 4.69, 112 SO) will take on the Cubs.